On the basis of the recommendation of the Fifteenth Finance Commission (XV-FC) Interim Report in respect of Rural Local Bodies (RLBs), Nagaland has been allocated Rs 125.00 crores during the current financial year. The Grants are in two components namely, Basic and Tied Grants, in the ration of 50% : 50%
- i. Basic Grants: It is untied fund and can be used by the RLBs for location specific felt needs, except for salary or other establishment expenditure.
- ii. Tied Grants: It is to be used for basic service such as sanitation and maintenance of opendefecation free (ODF) status and supply of drinking water and water recycling. The State has received 1st Installment of Rs,31.25 crores as Basic Grant and Rs.31.25 crores as Tied Grant totaling to Rs.62.50 crores being the 50% of the total allocation of Rural Local Bodies Grant under XV-FC for the current financial year2020- 21.
SCHEMES TO BE TAKEN UP UNDER FIFTEENTH FINANCE COMMISSION GRANT
- A. Tied Grant:
- 1. Drinking Water supply, rainwater Harvesting, Ring well & Water Recycling, Construction & Renovation of Public Well, Traditional Well & Reservoir Tanks.
- 2. Sanitation and Maintenance of Open Defection free (ODF) status.
- 3. Solid Waste management.
- 4. Biodiversity Management Committee
- B. Basic Grant:
- 1. Self-sustainable schemes such as Dairy/Poultry/Duckery/Goatery/Fishery etc.
- 2. Agriculture, Horticulture and related activities.
- 3. Income Generation & Enhancement Activities.
- 4. Construction of Play Field for villages which do not have one.